Saturday, September 6, 2008

Thank you, Emily and Daniel

A couple of weeks ago when we were trying to prepare for school to start, we were faced with a number of challenges: how could we get dinner on and eaten before bedtime; how to get Ellie home from school since most days Paul and I don't get home before 4:30; how to get Maddie and Ellie to school on my clinical days. Our schedules were just so full that I was afraid the "fend for yourself" dinner was going to be the norm.

Enter Emily. As we were in the middle of discussing the situation, she spoke up.


Right away, she said, "Well, I can meet Ellie (and Maddie on Tues/Thurs) at the bus and walk them home." I had been afraid to ask, because it seemed like a lot to ask her to do it every day.
"Are you sure? Even if it's raining...or snowing...or the wind is blowing...or you are tired?"
"Yeah, I can do that," she said without a hesitation. Oh, thank you Emily! One major problem, SOLVED!
In addition to the above, she also agreed readily to do some dinner preparation during the hour that she is home before going to get Maddie and Ellie.

Daniel also agreed very readily to help out by taking the dog out, unloading the dishes and making sure things were in order to be able to eat dinner on time while Emily does the prep work.
A phone call to another mom solved the morning transportation problem--shared car pool!
Thank you Emily and Daniel for stepping up to the plate during this very busy semester! I'm so proud of you and I love you!

6 comments:

i i eee said...

What great kids!

Leslie said...

Way to step up, Emily and Daniel! So nice to have such helpful kids. And I am loving Daniel's haircut!

Alli Blue said...

WoW! Great kiddos! I knew that though! :)

Lulu said...

Way to go, Emily and Daniel! And I love the haircut, too. Really handsome.

ash said...

We loved coming to your house and seeing how you all work together. I can't believe how big everyone is getting! I got a little teary reading how Emily and Daniel volunteered for their after school responsibilities. What great kids!

dishes and laundry said...

That really is amazing and awesome. To quote Saturday's Warrior...Pullin' together we can work it out.