Sunday, September 21, 2008

Maddie got her kip!

Maddie in a front support

Maddie finally got her kip! It is one of the key skills for level five this year and she's been working hard on it!

What is a kip (also known as a glide kip)? Well, I wanted to film Maddie doing it, but unfortunately, I haven't actually seen her do it yet--but the coaches and all of the parent spectators have told me they saw her do it. So for your viewing pleasure, here is Nastia Liuken. The kip is her mount onto the bar. She does the kip several times throughout the clip.




Note: The handstand Nastia does upon mounting is NOT part of the kip. The kip ends in a front support. As soon as I catch Maddie on film doing her kip, I will post it!

3 comments:

i i eee said...

Way to go, Maddie!

Lulu said...

Good for you, Maddie! I guess there's a whole new vocabulary for gymnastics. I never heard of a kip before.

Elise said...

I'm still not sure what a kip is but I can't wait to see the video of Maddie when you get it! Good for you, Maddie