Thursday, January 22, 2009

New chapter in my life

Well...I graduated! I will take the NCLEX on February 12th and of course I plan on passing it the first go!.

Now I feel like I'm trying to run 100 mph to catch up on the things I've neglected during my tenure at school. In doing so, however, I've quite neglected my blog. And I don't think I'm going to try to catch up--we'll just go on from here!

I am orienting on the Telemetry Unit in Boise (cardiac patients). I'm working night shift which works really well with houseful of school-age kids. I go to work at 7pm and Daddy gets everyone tucked into bed. I get home around 8am--Daddy has already gotten the older kids off to school and I am home in time to get the younger two to school before crashing to sleep. I get up just in time to pick Maddie and Ellie up at school and supervise the afternoon homework.

I was expecting to have a little more time to spend doing some organizing of my home (although my sweet husband did a lot over the Christmas break) but somehow...I'm still busy! After all, I still have five children who pull stunts like getting strept throat (Emily), not asking for help with homework and bombing the math assignment(s) (Maddie), prompting a parent-teacher conference, and another daughter who had some labwork come back abnormal (Holly) prompting more tests and Dr. visits. But how glorious that I am done with school and have the time to be the MOM!!!!!!!!!!! I can take care of Emily while she's sick, work with Maddie on her math and be with Holly at each Dr. visit.

WE'RE FINALLY THERE!

5 comments:

me said...

Woo-Hoo!!!! Congratulations!

i i eee said...

Yay! Congrats!

Sarah said...

Congrats Kelly..sorry to stock your blog so I thought I would leave a comment. I love seeing pictures of your kids. They are getting soo big.

Elise said...

Congratulations, Kelly!! I know you've worked so hard for this!

dishes and laundry said...

Oh HOORAY!!!!! Congrats on this huge, amazing accomplishment.