Thursday, December 11, 2008

Runaway veins


Holly had to have blood drawn for tests this morning. They were fasting tests--except for water of course which she was guzzling in hopes of nice, fat, easy to access veins. I promised her it would require only one needle poke for the list of tests that were ordered.

Alas, I am her mother, the queen of runaway veins. Therefore it was not to be. She ended up getting poked four times by two phlebotomists (2 pokes each). Afterward she lay down with coban on both antecubital spaces and her hand until the color returned to her face.

After a few minutes, her cheeks were pink and she was ready to get her breakfast and go to school. Thanks, Holly for being such a good sport! I'll be careful before making any more promises regarding phlebotomy on my offspring.

1 comment:

i i eee said...

I'm a hard poke too! That's why I can't give blood.

Yay for Holly being a good sport about it!