Monday, August 25, 2008

First day of school

Well...Paul, Daniel and Holly all started school this morning! I was going to take pictures, but in the hustle and bustle of it all, the camera was forgotten. I've really got to work on keeping the camera in hand and on my brain to document these sort of things!

Daniel was excited and couldn't sleep last night, so he made belgian waffle batter around midnight last night and put it in the fridge for breakfast. All family members were exuding gratitude this morning!

We all (except Ellie) got up at 6am for scriptures. Emily and Maddie promptly went back to bed as they don't start school until a week from tomorrow. Holly doesn't have seminary this week for some reason, but will start next week with the 6:30 am early morning seminary. Therefore she had a little extra time this morning. She put on new clothes and shoes, had me help her with a ponytail, we trimmed her bangs, put on earrings and even a little make-up! I hope we have a lot more mornings like this one! I even got an email from one of the staff at her school commenting on how nice she looked and how happy she was! :)

As soon as the younger girls get ready, we are going out to get the remainder of the school supplies that they need. Today, I don't work or have school so this is our last chance before their school starts!

I start school tomorrow! Am I excited? Well, to be honest, no. However, I'm VERY excited to get my RN at the end of the semester and starting school means I'm on my way to getting it...less than four months away! There IS a light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!!

More updates to come...hopefully illustrated with pictures!

2 comments:

dishes and laundry said...

Hooray for happy starts! Sounds like things went smoothly - especially with belgian waffles.

And as for the RN...GO GET 'ER!!!! You can do it!!!

Elise said...

Yay! The first day of school is always so exciting! Glad the year is starting off on a good foot. And like Wendy said, Go get 'er, Kelly!